Re: Measuring PL-380 Soft-Mute

Gary DeBock

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the description.

Off-tuning 1 kHz up or down from a DX station's frequency is a standard TP-DXing trick to get farther away from irritating domestic splatter, and the first PL-380 models showed a dramatic improvement in the ability to maintain DX signal quality while doing this off-tuning (relative to the PL-310, D96L, and other full-blown soft mute models). It's interesting to finally see actual numbers for the difference in the soft mute function.

73, Gary DeBock
Puyallup, WA

In a message dated 1/30/2010 6:16:28 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, sdwillingham@... writes:

For comparison, my stock PL-300wt measures about 12 dB soft-mute.

-Scott-