Re: Damaged my Si4734

Roy <roy.dyball@...>

Thank you Scott for your generous offer. I have sent you an email with my address.

Thank you Jim and Steve for your offers.  This has to be one of the best groups I have ever come across.

Scott you are absolutely correct about grounding the line before soldering. "An ounce of prevention" as they say. One gets very blasé and when you have gotten away without the correct precautions dozens of times, you feel bullet proof. I have also been caught out on hot dry days with static. It has been hot and dry here in Australia over the past week with temperatures over 100 degrees F most days.

It was truly amazing the arc that the 660 Litz wire coil produced on the 7.5" rod and with freshly charged 2650MA NiMH batteries providing current into less than an ohm. It looked and sounded like RF.

Cheers Roy.