Re: Robert Ross 30 Day Challenge

John H. Bryant <bjohnorcas@...>

Fabulous, Allen!!!!

I'm only half kidding when I ask you if you were aware of the hobby of making/using very sophisticated crystal sets... Gill Stacy is involved in that and could get you started.  I wonder if you could hear 300 in 30 days on a crystal set.  If you do, I guarantee that the Awards Committee would get you a real trophy and name it after you, too!

In the mean time, you continue to set the bar very high for the rest of us.  BRAVO and WELL DONE!!

John Bryant

At 04:12 PM 9/6/2008 -0700, you wrote:

Hi Guys,

Good transatlantic DX in tonight early on . Logged 3 more  for the Robert Ross challenge to up my total to the Magic Number  #  300 stations and  in  just 13 days worth of Dxing the challenge.

The atmospheric conditions for the most part were excellent the past while which really helped.

 With a bit less sleep and  quite a few new  stations to add to my overall list , I can certainly attest to the folks thinking of  purchasing an ultralight radio, these  tiny machines certainly have a knack for pulling in long distance stations.

My final station logged for # 300 was on  756 khz,  namely  R. Euskadi  Bilbao, Spain

Thanks to Robert Ross and the Ultralight Comittee for coming up with a great idea for all of us to  strive for.  Really enjoyed the challenge and looking forward to cheering on  anyone else who may be attempting it now and in the future.

Regards

Allen Willie
St. John's, Newfoundland
SRF-M37V   SRF-39FP  barefoot

[] Yahoo! Canada Toolbar : Search from anywhere on the web and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now!