Re: Ultralights mentioned in Monitoring Times

Russ Edmunds <wb2bjh@...>

--- On Sat, 9/6/08, Dennis Gibson <wb6tnb@...> wrote:

From: Dennis Gibson <wb6tnb@...>
Subject: [ultralightdx] Ultralights mentioned in Monitoring Times
To: ultralightdx@...
Date: Saturday, September 6, 2008, 12:02 AM

On page 14 of the September issue of Monitoring Times there's an
article called "Medium Wave Listening - Can It Still Be Fun?". The
author is Ron Bailey (AA4S); his name doesn't look familiar to me.

His gave Ultralights some very nice press but unfortunately didn't
mention the spectacular Ultralight DX Yahoo Group. He specifically
mentioned the Sony SRF-59 and Sangean DT series radios.

Hopefully some of the readers will put "Ultralights" into Google,
become interested in Ultralights and/or MW DX'ing (or better yet
both!) and find this group. The more the merrier.

Did the author contact anyone in this Group? He is a long time MW
DX'er and the article is excellent.

Ron is a longtime MW DX'er and ham from Shelby, NC. He was a member of NRC for a number of years. I haven't had any correspondence with him in a few years.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id