Re: 600 WSJS Winston-Salem NC heard at Noordhoek, South Africa

robert ross

freetodx wrote:

Hi guys

The mid summer months can provide some interesting TA reception here in South Africa.

WSJS Winston Salem NC on 600 kHz

During a recent family holiday/dxpedition to Noordhoek (approximately 20 kilometres south of Cape Town) I was fortunate to receive some early TA openings from the U.S.  Included was the surprise recepton of WSJS,  Winston Salem NC on 600 kHz for the first time via the Sony SRF M37V and 220 metre BOG  ( The 5 kw signal made it through over a distance of 12 830 km).

Gary:

   Hey I was listening to them just the other night around Midnight........at the honking big distance of about 500 Miles!!! Your reception sorta kicks the hell out of mine eh!!

Way to go....another GREAT piece of DX from South Africa!!! You are so lucky to be in a PRIMO DX Location!!!

Congratulations........and keep chalking them up with the Ultralights!! WOW!!!

73...ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA