MI LOG

wa8lcz

1440 WJBS SC Holly Hill 1k 100w 0715 EST 8 Jan 10 new state #27
1440 WJJL NY Niagara Falls 1k 1k 0730 EST 8 Jan 10 new

on the same freq, WGVL is supposed to be running 5kw sports but they may be off the air, and their signal is beaming south east. Anyone from down south, know their status ?

i tried pitting the SRF-M40W against the SRF-59, both had equal sensitivity and low noise, on this SC station. surprising, since the M40W has PLL synthesized tuner and LC Display. i walked around the house and found some locations that were much quietier than the radio shack. near the kitchen sink and in the living room. thats a big advantage for the ultra-lite radios. I can sit in my favorite chair and DX. if it was warmer i could go outside and really find a quiet location. looks like 3 or 4 inches of snow on my car.

byron wa8lcz Sony SRF-M40W barefoot