Re: 1450 Help Needed

jim_kr1s <jkearman@...>

--- In ultralightdx@..., "Kirk" <kirk74601@...> wrote:

I just finished listening to a ESPN sta on 1450. It faded up to a nice
lvl a bit after 0800 UTC w/ a clear ID of "ESPN Radio WMAJ." Okay,
here's where it gets confusing. WMAJ is the former call sign for the
station WQWK in State College, PA.

"WQWK (AM) - a radio station (1450 AM) licensed to State College,
Pennsylvania, United States, which formerly held the call sign WMAJ"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WMAJ

"WQWK (1450 AM) is a sports radio station broadcasting in State College,
Pennsylvania. It is currently branded under the ESPN Radio."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WQWK_(AM)

That is outstanding, considering the mess on 1450! I have one here in
town (ESPN!), WSTU, so I don't listen to that frequency. There are 6
stations on 1450 in Pennsylvania, and 8 in Texas! Good catch, Kirk!

73,

Jim, KR1S