Re: Tecsun PL-380 "Soft Mute" (or lack thereof)

kbar123456 <kbar123456@...>

What I read in the tecsun's forum is that the new version got the alarm clock bug fixed only.

But anon-co may know more details of it.

--- In ultralightdx@..., "Jim" <jshaw1@...> wrote:

Mike/Gary,

I asked Ms. Joyce that question and her comment was that the upgrade was to make the "receiving status stabler." See msg 7132. Thanx!

73
Jim Shaw
AL7BA

--- In ultralightdx@..., D1028Gary@ wrote:

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your comments, which sound logical to me.

Since Joyce is probably not an expert in Tecsun radio design, however, the
best option seems to be specifically placing an order with Joyce for a "new
design" PL-380, then checking the DSP filter options on this new version,
and stripping it down (as Roy suggests) to check the labeling on the DSP
chip. This "new version" PL-380 order will be placed tonight, with the EMS
shipping option.

73 and Thanks, Gary

In a message dated 1/5/2010 6:28:59 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
mikecoughlin2@ writes:

I don't know if these are the official "new model" PL-380's (mentioned
by Joyce of Anon-co), or not. Nothing seems different to me. <

Since Joyce is the one who mentioned this 'version 2', why not "go
straight to the horse's mouth" and, simply, ask her what the difference is? ...
rather than all these attempts to infer what the difference(s) is(are) ...
via empirical observation?