Re: E100

John H. Bryant <bjohnorcas@...>

Dennis,

Keep your fingers crossed.  I was pretty clear in my write up of this situation, posted here, that the Durham Store would ATTEMPT to provide the "old" version of the E100, IF THE DXER REQUESTED SUCH AT THE TIME OF ORDERING.  They were also pretty clear that they were under no obligation if no such request was made.  Gee, I hope that you requested the Old Version and that it was from the Canadian crew at Durham.

In either case, it appears that the newer version is rather rare, so.....

John B.

At 08:13 PM 9/3/2008 -0700, you wrote:

Is it fair to assume that Durham Radio and their US outlet The Shortwave Store are aware of the "new and improved" E100 that really isn't and that for ULR purposes the original version is what we want? I ordered one from their US outlet The Shortwave Store via the link on dxer.ca a couple of days ago to get the special price. Hopefully I'll get the old version.

73