Re: UNID on 1660 heard strong in CT

Rik

THANKS! I never thought of checking Wikipedia. Every once in a while I receive a station strongly in what I would expect to be the Null. A mystery to me, but so are a lot of other things. - FARMERIK

--- In ultralightdx@..., "jim_kr1s" <jkearman@...> wrote:

--- In ultralightdx@..., "farmerik" <farmerik@> wrote:

The only listing at Radio Locater for 1660 in the Northeast USA is a
10KW Spanish station WWRU in NJ, but this seems to be coming from the NW
or SE, and the language sounds Asian. Anyone have any ideas? I have been
hearing it booming in for several evenings, and on different radios. -
FARMERIK
"WWRU is a Korean language AM radio station licensed to Jersey City, New
Jersey, broadcasting to the New York metropolitan area on 1660 kHz AM."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWRU

73,

Jim, KR1S