Re: High-Q Mini-Loop for Ultralights

Gary Kinsman

Hi Kevin,

Your "ultralight loop" sounds great. Maybe you should go into
business selling them. Can you post a picture of it next to an E100
or a DT-200VX (for scale)?

And thanks for the tip on using the Q-Stick with the E100. I'll give
it a try. I agree that properly positioning the Q-Stick with the
ultralights is difficult.

Regards,
Gary

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "dhsatyadhana" <satya@...>
wrote:

Hey Gary:

I've got the Quantum Stick as well - very nice for travel, and LW
to boot, plus it acts as a coupler. As you say, for some reason
it doesn't seem to do much for certain receivers - I get something
on my Eton e100, but not as much as I would expect. In fact, with
most of my Ultralights, the positioning seems to be the key - very
finicky to find the right position. Try putting the Q-Stick on
the side of the receiver such that the ferrite of the Q-Stick is
in-line with the ferrite in the e100 - this adjacent orientation
seems to work better than when the Q-Stick and receiver are face-
to-face.

In comparing the Q-Stick and my home-brew just now with a variety
of ULRs and the Sony 7600GR, the gain and tuning sharpness on the
home-brew was substantially greater, often the difference between
mumbling audio and discernable reception, so it's become an
instant accessory in my ULR arsenal.

73 - Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, WA