Re: Garmin GPS / PL-380 battery charging

Phil Pasteur

This is a bit old, but I thought I would add that the "older" Motorola phone chargers (I had a V551) work for my Pl-310. I think they can be found for about $7.00. I also bought a couple of chargers from a place called Sewell Direct online that work. They are rated at 5 volts and 1 amp and cost about $3.00 each.

(http://sewelldirect.com/USB-Wall-Adapter-5V-with-Cable.asp)

I did notice that the radio can be listened to while charging with the Motorola charger (OEM) and it adds no detectable noise. The cheap ones do add noise. Not enough to be heard with a strong signal, but clearly noticed between stations. Either adapter seems to charge the batteries just fine.

Phil.

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "nn4cw" <gilstacy@...> wrote:

Jim,
The Blackberry charger is suitable.