High-Q Mini-Loop for Ultralights

dhsatyadhana <satya@...>

Hi all:

I just posted a couple photos of a recent project on the UltraLight DX
Yahoo group. I recently got a high-Q basketweave loop on eBay from the
seller "noseknowsnose". It's a 3.5" Litz coil with a Q around 800. I
popped it into a small plastic box designed for old PC diskettes, used
double-stick foam tape to put a 2x260 variable cap on, and Voila! I
stuffed some tissue in the box to keep the coil from bouncing around -
really high-tech at this point...

The high Q of the loop really adds tuning sharpness to UltraLights,
making it easier to shade one sideband over the other or notch a pest
out of the way. The gain is pretty good as well.

73 - Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, WA