Re: Stock Sangean DT-400W Receives 6 TP's at Grayland

Dennis Gibson <wb6tnb@...>

I've never needed to resort to an external charger after that first
time when the voltage was so low the radio couldn't charge them.

Gary - how long have you had your Fry's refurb E10? I got mine last
November. If I was going to have a corrosion problem it would have
happened already. I live about 1/4 mile from the beach and unless it's
raining the window facing the ocean is almost always open into the
room with the radios.

That gets back to a question I asked awhile back that I don't think
anyone answered. Are you using NiMH's or alkalines? Of course there's
a major difference in voltage. I only use NiMH's in the two radios
that charge them internally; the Kaito KA1103 and the E10. It seems
that they would be optimized for them but you can tell the E10 which
type you're using. I've never seen that in another radio nor the very
clever IF shift. I think a full price E10 ($130.00) is not even close
to being worth it; for another $20.00 you can have an ICF-SW7600GR or
E5/G5.

I ordered an E100 and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival so I can put
it up against a number of radios to see how it fares. I'm paying
$15.00 more for the E100 than I did for the E10! Of course it was a
refurb. Any other E10 owners out there?

I was going to go TP hunting this weekend with my new DT-400W but the
temptation to stay in a nice warm bed was too great. Maybe next
weekend. The ocean won't move between now and then.

--- In ultralightdx@..., "Gary Kinsman" <gkinsman@...> wrote:

Hi Dennis,

I noticed yesterday that one of the Eton 1100 mAh batteries that came
with my Fry's refurb E10 has already gone bad. It wouldn't charge in
my Maha charger. I noticed that it's already corroded around the
positive contact.

Regards,
Gary