Re: Stock Sangean DT-400W Receives 6 TP's at Grayland

John H. Bryant <bjohnorcas@...>

Gary,

Thanks for your comparison of the 7600GR, the E10 and the E100. Very interesting.  I'm still looking for a small spotting receiver and I know that Gary DeB really likes the 7600GR.  Could you help me out by describing a couple of things:

Is the SSB on the 7600GR a "real SSB," allowing the selection of USB or LSB???

What tuning rates can you use to tune across MW in SSB???  Please be 0.1 kHz as one choice :>)

THANKS!
John B.

At 07:50 PM 8/31/2008 +0000, you wrote:

Hi Dennis,

I compared the performance of several of my MW radios today, including
the 7600GR, E10, E100 and DT-200VX (all of which are stock with no
post-factory alignment).

The E10 is much better than the E100 on the low end of the band
(probably due to its much larger ferrite bar), while the E100 is
somewhat better than the E10 on the high end of the band. The 7600GR
is better than the E10 or E100 on both ends of the band. The E100 is
better than the DT-200VX on the low end of the band, and much better
on the high end of the band.

So here are the overall rankings:

Low end: 7600GR, E10, E100, DT-200VX
High end: 7600GR, E100, E10, DT-200VX

Both the E10 and DT-200VX underperform on the high end of the band,
relative to what I would expect.

Regards,
Gary

--- In ultralightdx@..., "Dennis Gibson"