Re: Stock Sangean DT-400W Receives 6 TP's at Grayland

Guy Atkins

Gary,

Just another thought on this. What I did on another  radio I've owned (can't remember which model), I noted that there was a small amount of unoccupied PCB directly above the trimmer. That is, the portion of the upper PCB that is directly above the trimmer on the lower board did not have a component or a circuit trace...just bare board. I drilled a small hole through the top PCB, big enough for the small screwdriver needed to make the adjustment. Ta da! easy access to the trimmer for alignment.

Even the relocation of a trace (jumper around the hole) or relocating a simple component like a resistor is not too tough if it is in the way of the hole needing to be drilled.

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA

-----Original Message-----
From: ultralightdx@... [mailto:ultralightdx@...]On Behalf Of D1028Gary@...
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2008 2:17 PM
To: ultralightdx@...
Subject: Re: [ultralightdx] Re: Stock Sangean DT-400W Receives 6 TP's at Grayland

Your suggestion of adjusting the 1400 kHz trimmer by a slow incremental method would certainly work well on a radio without such a hair-trigger adjustment tendency, Guy, although the risk of degrading the existing sensitivity due to an inability to "hit the peak" would be too great in the case of the DT-400W, in my opinion.

Join main@UltralightDX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.