Re: calculating distances

ronshire2000

thank you Allen and Richard for the link to calculate distance from
radio station to known location. i noticed as expected that there is a
drastic difference from the road mileage that most maps calculate but
can see its value for TA's or TP's.

Ron

In answer to your question I personally use Google Maps Distance
Calculator for my Transatlantic catches and  for my domestics this
site http://www.topazdesigns.com/ambc/ it has very useful information
about power output  and antenna patterns also just with the input of
your geographical coordinates and the  callsign you are searching for

73
Allen Willie
St. John's, Newfoundland

http://www.flickr.com/gift/