Re: Delayed Report :Grayland Day Four

John H. Bryant <bjohnorcas@...>

Dennis...

I believe the signature listed the receivers and antenna... but maybe I forgot.  I was using a E100 with a new Murata 2.6 kHz IF filter, directly connected to a Wellbrook Phased Array antenna system.... The Wellbrook is roughly equivalent to a couple of 750' to 900' Beverages, but with a better front-to-back ratio than I've ever achieved with Beverages...  The secrets of my success were the antenna, the IF filter and, most of all, being right on the open Pacific.

John Bryant

At 04:39 PM 8/24/2008 +0000, you wrote:

John - which ultralights were you using and were they stock and/or
aligned and/or using huge ferrite bars? I have ten thumbs when it
comes to building or modifying things so I use a Select-a-Tenna when I
need a little help.

I'm hearing great things about the Sangean DT-400W. If anyone has it
and one or more of the Sonys I'd like to hear about how they compare.
I guess all of them are yellow. Yuk.

73

--- In ultralightdx@..., "John H. Bryant"