From: RichardA <richarda@...>
Subject: [ultralightdx] Best ever signal from JOUB this morning
To: ultralightdx@...
Date: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 10:27 AM
This morning I received JOUB 774 with
the best signal ever heard here. It was first noted on my
ICOM R75 at 0906 UTC with Radio Japan news in English. I
changed to the SRF-T615 at 0910, listening until 1032. News
in Spanish was broadcast at 0915, followed by Portuguese at
0930. From 0945, there were three 15-minute English
lessons.  Sometimes the signal peaked to good strength.
There were occasional random deep fades, but fewer than
usually experienced.  The signal eventually faded under
WBBM 780 at 1028, leaving only a weak heterodyne whistle.

At 1224, JOUB was heard again with a poor signal in the
sideband of nearby KSPI 780 on an E100. Tuning to 747 at
1227, I found JOIB at fair strength with slight KRMG 740
QRM, eventually fading away at 1230. The stations were
broadcasting a repeat of the English language lessons heard
earlier.

There was a strong het on 972 kHz which didn't disappear
until 1256, about 13 minutes after local sunrise. Also, were
also weak hets on 594, 693, 702 and 828.

Thus far, this has been the best week of the current DX
season. I hope other ULR DXers on the southern Great Plains
were able to catch an NHK station this
morning.

Good DX to all,

Richard.