My First TP This Morning?

gerfmon

Hi all, I think I may have copied JOUB (Japan) 774 on my PL-310 early this morning. I woke up around 12:45 UTC (6:45 AM MDT) and decided to do a little listening. On 774 I copied an Asian speaking station. A man's voice interrupted every few minutes by a little "jingle music" that lasted about 10 seconds each time. The talk ended with an instrumental song that faded out after a couple of minutes.

The entire copy took place over a 15 minutes period, then it was gone.

I never did hear an ID so I can't say to the positive that it was JOUB. I checked 747 for JOIB but heard nothing.

Last night I modified my PL-310 so I could plug my Palomar Engineers loop antenna into the radio. Because of strong adjacent channel splatter, I had the 310 set on 1 KHz bandwidth.

Tomorrow morning I'm getting up at 6:00 AM to give it another try!

73,
Jerry, KD0GS
Longmont, CO