Re: new country logged

John H. Bryant <bjohnorcas@...>

Dennis,

Ya just gotta try some of the Pacific stuff at dawn.... If nothing else, wait for the middle of the Asian season in late September and October...  With DST and sunrise so late, even night owls have a shot!

John B.

At 02:27 AM 8/2/2008 +0000, you wrote:

I'm almost within spitting distance of the Pacific Ocean but have
never really tried for any TP's. The problem is that staying up until
prime DX time messes up my body clock. Even on weekends I can't stay
up long enough. If I do I can't wake up well enough on Monday morning.
I have good radios; Sony ICF-2010 (stock), all three models of
Superadio, both Realistic TRF models, Radio Shack DX-398 (Sangean
ATS-909; a big disappointment) and a few more. I also have both the
Sony SRF-39FP and 59; both tweaked by Gary. I have a Select-a-Tenna,
which works well. I can't put up any outdoor antennas. I don't know if
I have much of a chance of hearing any exotic DX. I have three locals
(1290, 1340 and 1490) one mile away (all on the same tower!) but they
are relatively low power; none more than 1 KW.

I've always been impressed at the TA's you hear but don't know if I
have a chance of hearing anything spectacular from here with the
equipment I have.