Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 00:50:34 EDT
From: D1028Gary@...
Subject: [IRCA] 738 Taiwan's Ragged Carrier Revealed in Perseus
       Waterfall ...

Hi Guy,

Thanks very much for posting the photo of the Perseus' waterfall display of
 the 738-Taiwan "ragged carrier."

For some reason, the 738-Taiwan audio (on your Perseus  SDR) in the MP3
clip sounds much more normal than the typical  738-Taiwan audio received here
on the C.Crane SWP ultralight. Maybe the Perseus  filtering removes some of
the noisy components of the impaired signal. I posted  an MP3 of 738-Taiwan's
signal here this morning (of the same approximate signal  strength as your
MP3) in the Ultralightdx sound file  site, which includes a definite buzzing
sound in the background of the  Chinese conversation. This buzzing sound
doesn't show up on the other TP's,  except of course for the North Koreans.

73, Gary