Re: Toshiba RP-F11

Steve Ponder <n5wbi@...>

John,

Methinks I may have muddied the waters a bit. Sorry for all
the confusion, especially coming from a newbie to the group
like myself.

I think the folks at Universal Radio are the ones that are
confused. The dimensions I used for the RP-F11 in my first
e-mail came from this page:

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/RPF11.html

which are "5.1 x 3.1 x 1.1 inches" or 17.391 cubic inches.

But, like you discovered, another click to this page:

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/RPF11s.html

reveals another set of dimensions which are
"7.8 x 4.5 x 1.325 inches" or 46.5075 cubic inches, which
completely blows it out of the water as being an UL radio.

So, I dug through Fibber McGee's closet and found my very
own RP-F11 and measured it. Here are my findings:

7.625 x 4.5 x 1.25 inches, or 42.89 cubic inches.

Bottom Line - NOT QUALIFIED as an Ultralight.

So, once again, sorry for making a mountain out of a
molehill. I'm just happy that all of this got me motivated
to dig my RP-F11 out of the "Radio Archives."

BTW - The RP-F11 was also sold as the Kenwood R-11 in
certain parts of the world.

Thanks, everybody, for humouring me and not flaming me
as would have happened in other not-to-be-named radio
reflectors.

73 & Great DX,

Steve N5WBI
Houston TX