Re: MW Image Discovered on E-100

Steve Ponder N5WBI <n5wbi@...>

Gary,

Thanks for the great info!

The 570/1480 image problem, to the best of my knowledge, is the only
such problem I've encountered with my radios here in Houston. Looking
at KLVL-1480's antenna patterns, I see that I'm directly in their
"gun-sights" for both day and night. That may explain a lot of why
they're such a pest.

Otherwise, the E-100 has turned out to be a great little radio. I still
haven't had a lot of time to give it a full test, though. Maybe this
weekend (?).

Do you know of any ultralights that employ dual conversion on
mediumwave?

Also, I have a Toshiba RP-F11 that measures 5.1 x 3.1 x 1.1 inches
(17.391 cu. in.). Would it be considered an ultralight? A good
picture can be found at:

http://www.universal-radio.com/used/UP86lrg.jpg

73 & GREAT DX,

Steve N5WBI