Quality Control for the SRF-59

John Cereghin <pastor@...>

I bought a second SFR-59 from K-Mart last week and it seems to be a bit of a turkey compared to my first one I got from Amazon.  The FM band is dead and the sensitivity is not as good as my Amazon SFR.  Using it with my Select-A-Tenna makes it work well enough but running barefoot, the K-Mart SFR is a bit deaf.  Seems  like there is a wide variation of quality with some SRFs.  Luckily, it is only $15 we are talking about, not like fretting over a deaf NRD-505 or something.  Can't complain, as I did get WFLF-540 Orlando on the K-Mart SRF last night, so it is useable, and I didn't buy it for FM DXing.  But a third SRF might be in order as I wanted a back-up.

John Cereghin
Smyrna DE