Re: OT-Tornado Hit My Neighborhood

Carl DeWhitt

--- Kirk:
I,m sorry to hear about the twister striking your neighborhood.But i,m glad to hear everyone is ok.I was in some friends house over in Tonkawa years ago when i was going to Northern Oklahoma College and a tornado passed overhead .It thankfully did not touch down.It did tear up some trees.Take care and i hope your neighborhood recovers quick.I hope to hear you are back active in ULR dx soon.
Carl DeWhitt
Maryville ,Tn.
In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "toptyp19" <toptyp19@...> wrote:

Hey Kirk-
Happy to hear everyone is OK. My daughter just bought a new
home in Plainfield, Il which is tornado alley up here. I keep
kidding her that there are no "old" homes in Plainfield! Seriously,
always relieved when there are no injuries incurred with twisters.
They sometimes are not perceived as being as potent as they really
are.
73, Joe.

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "kirk74601" <kirk74601@> wrote:

Greetings to all,

I just wanted to jump in here and let you know that we took a direct hit from a tornado around midnight Wednesday morning. The important thing is that, miraculously, nobody to my knowledge was injured severely or killed. The F1 double vortices tornado took out a few houses in the area, roofs were ripped off, trees stripped and blown down, etc. The National Weather Service based in Norman, Oklahoma dropped the ball on this one; we had no warning at all. I heard the tornado approaching and dove into my interior closet. In all the excitement, my Eton-E-100 was injured a little, but it won't take much to get it back up and running...when I can get to it. I still have a roof overhead thankfully. For some of us there is a semblance of normality here, but I do point out the word "semblance".
73's!

Kirk Allen
Ponca City, OK