My Eton E-100 from Canada Arrived!

Steve Ponder <n5wbi@...>

My Eton E-100 from "The Shortwave Store" in Canada arrived,
safe and sound, this past Saturday! Even after reading the
reviews of the radio and seeing pictures of it on various
websites, I was still amazed at just how small the radio
really is. Sure fits the description of an "ultralight!"

Not a bad price, either! Less than half the list price,
thanks to a special from Gary DeBock of www.dxer.ca.

One minor problem, though - the 2 AA batteries that came
with the radio (Eton brand) had started to corrode. But,
thankfully, they were still in the shrink-wrap and didn't
damage anything inside the box. AND, there were 2 new
AA alkaline batteries taped to the outside of the box, so
I came out okay!

Haven't had any time to do anything with the radio other
than to put the new batteries in, set the time, and check
out the controls to see if they work.

I'm hoping to have some time later this week to test the
radio, do some bandscans, etc. We'll see.

73 & Great DX!

Steve N5WBI
Houston TX