Semi OT: Cutting Ferrite Bars?

John H. Bryant <bjohnorcas@...>

In the work that Gary DeBock, Guy Atkins and I are doing with mods to the E100, I've run up against the need to reduce the length of the stock ferrite bar by half.

Has anybody ever done this successfully??? Have you ever heard rumors of someone doing this successfully?  HOW????

I seem to remember that Ferrite is actually a ceramic product. Is this true?  If so, I just happen to have a professional tile cutters say, water-cooled, with a diamond blade.  Ideas, comments? Prayers for the intrepid?

Thanks,

John B.
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Rcvrs: WiNRADiO 313e, Eton e1, Ultralights
Antennas: Two 70' x 100' Conti Super Loops, West and Northwest