Re: Perseid meteor shower maybe good FM dx oppurtunity

Carl DeWhitt

---I want to add that the peak is a predicted"up to 200 per hour"
.The sun is finally shining as the clouds begin to clear here.So maybe i will actually be to see some of these meteors as well as try my hand at meteor scatter dx.
Carl DeWhitt
Maryville ,Tn.
In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "Carl DeWhitt" <carl_elissa@...> wrote:

Tonight is supposed to be the peak of the annual Perseid meteor shower with peaks up to 200 per hour. Tomorrow night is predicted to be good also.With cloudy weather here today,i do not know if i will be able to see any meteors.However,since meteors cause ionized trails that reflect vhf signals,it might be advantageous to try some meteor scatter FM dxing.Though reflected signals are short lived,some listening on FM frequencies unpopulated in the dxers listening area around the bottom and top of the hour might lead to some new catches.The shower peaks between midnight and 5 A.M.So give a listen between those times your local time.Listen a little outside those times also.
Carl DeWhitt
Maryville ,Tn.