Re: What is best method for recording DX from an ULR?

satya@...

Hi Brett:

On the Olympus model I use, if I go from the highest quality setting to
the medium quality settings, the emitted noise disappears, and at around
44,000 kbps, the fidelity still far exceeds what I need for DXing. Plus,
the files take up about a third of the room on the old hard drive and are
easier to edit.

It's good to know models don't need impedance matching - when the Olympus
dies, hello Sony!

73 - Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, WA

The Sony introduces a little noise on AM but if I separate it from the
radio
by a foot or two of cable, and
move it with respect to the antenna, the noise drops to almost nothing.

Brett Saylor

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 11:53 AM, bbwrwy <richarda@perryisp.net> wrote:

I have a question or two on recording DX from a ULR.

I realize the recorder has to share the receiver's audio output with
the headphones. But how do you handle the impedance mismatch between
the receiver and recorder?

In keeping with our ultralight theme, do you prefer a mini-disc or
solid-state digital recorders over cassette tape? Does anyone have
any recommendations in this area? Thus far I leaning toward a
mini-disc recorder which I understand is already obsolete.

Thanks for the help.

Richard N. Allen,
DXing since 1960.