Re: E100 Alignment Notes + Stuff


I did an alignment on my E100.

Following John and Gary's article, disassembly/assembly of the E100
was simple. Removing the wax and glue from the antenna in my example
was much easier than I thought it would be. I did find it necessary to
secure the batteries with a strip of Scotch tape during alignment.
Otherwise they kept popping out.

There was little improvement on the lower end of the band following
alignment. In that portion of the band, my E100 example is still not
near as sensitive as the SRF-39FP or SRF-T615. Leaving the antenna
attached all I could get was a barely audible signal from KXSP-590 (5
kW/563 km.). However, when I unclipped the antenna and separated it
about 1.25 cm. away from the circuit board KXSP became readable. I
imagine it would be even better if the distance was increased further.

Now if I can figure out how to reassemble my old Grundig Satellit 500!

Good DX.

Richard Allen,
DXing since 1960.

Join to automatically receive all group messages.