Re: digital display for $10.00

Russ Edmunds <wb2bjh@...>

--- On Sun, 7/13/08, D1028Gary@... <D1028Gary@...> wrote:

Ron and Others,

I had the chance to view John's SRF-39FP digital display (from aade.com) in action, this week at Grayland, Washington. It was very impressive, but when the $$ are added up, it may not make much sense to purchase it, except perhaps as a curiosity.

For domestic DXing purposes, the SRF-59/39FP analog family of units provide tremendous "bang for the buck," but not when combined with a $69 add-on accessory.  I'm sure John would agree with me that a better solution would be to purchase a digital E100 or DT-200VX, and save the cost of the digital conversion.  Either of these units can be purchased for less than the cost of converting an analog SRF-39/59 unit.

73,  Gary 

*** But given that my out-of-the-box DT-200VX is clearly less sensitive and less selective than my peaked-up SRF-59, that doesn't seem like a viable alternative. Nor is the ultimate price differential all that significant. I can't speak for the Eton, however it seems that from most reports it is better than the Sangean in both respects.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id
<wb2bjh@...>
FM: Yamaha T-80 & Onkyo T-450RDS w/ APS9B @15'
AM: Modified Sony ICF 2010 barefoot

Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music scene in your area - Check out TourTracker. com!

Join main@UltralightDX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.