Re: sony srf-m37 vs Srf-59

Deane McIntyre <Deane@...>

On 13-May-09, at 9:10 AM, D1028Gary@aol.com wrote:

Hello Jorge,

A full competitive comparison of the SRF-59 and SRF-M37V (along with the Sangean DT-200VX and the Sony ICF-S10Mk2) was done previously, and posted at the above link on DXer.Ca. It will give you very detailed information on the comparison between these two Ultralight radios, and I hope you will enjoy reading it!

What is the difference (besides color) between the ICF-S10 Mk2 and the original black ICF-S10?
Upon hearing the mk2 version mentioned, I remembered that I had a original ICF-S10 that I brought
about 10 years ago.

Sadly even after an alignment it is still somewhat a turkey with very high background
noise on AM. Selectivity is not too terrible however, being able to receive CJCA-930 Edmonton
with little or no slop from the 50 kW locals on 910 and 960 here in Calgary.

I also have a ICF-303 brought new in 2001 - does much better than the S10 but still
far from the SRF-59 sent gratis from Gary after an expert alignment!

73,

Deane McIntyre VE6BPO
Calgary AB
(with a bevy of various UL radios strewn across the living room sofa:)