Re: DT-200VX vs.E100 Comments

Rob Moore <rmoore5@...>

Hi John,

Along with an SRF-39FP,  I also have an E100 and have to say that it's a great little radio!  I like the digital tuning and the 9Khz/10Khz modes.  I'll be interested to see your hot-rodding  "How to" pages when you get them up on the web.

Rob

"John H. Bryant" wrote:

Great, Paul...  Glad that you like the E100.  I now own FOUR!!! (Well, one is a broken "parts" set.)

If you ever get interested in tinkering with this little gems, the E100 is perfect and easy to hot rod in a number of different ways. Gary DeB, Guy A and I are going crazy doing all sorts of semi-obscene things to our E100s. We are planning a series of two page "How-To" articles to start in the early Fall./

Personally, I'm convinced that the E100 will be the Ultralight Digital Classic, just like the SRF-39 family is for the analog sets.

Glad that you took the plunge!

John B.

At 02:06 PM 6/19/2008 +0000, you wrote:

I would like to thank John, Gary, Rob and George for answering my
questions. The answer to these questions lead me to buy the Eton E100.

I could not be happier with my new radio. I paid about $40.00 from Fry's.

I was looking for a digital radio that I could use for the ULr
Sprints, use for MW DX every night as I fall asleep and take with me
when I travel (so I needed a small battery powered radio with no
external antennas).

My other ULr is a Sony SRF-59. While I really like the 59, I wanted a
digital radio to better compete.

In the Sprints I feel that for the barefoot class you should not have
to use a spotting radio. The E100 is more than capable of being used
stand alone for any Sprint.

If you look at the last Sprint, it was a Sony SRF-T615 that won the
barefoot class and a Sangean DT-200VX (modified with a booster bar) in
the Unlimited class. I wanted a radio that I could use barefoot with
the qualities of both the 615 and 200.

I think I found it in the E100 at a cost below either radio.

Thank you,
Paul

--- In ultralightdx@..., "John H. Bryant"