Re: Search feature broken on this site?

ronshire2000

Gary K., you might want to try some of the old Zeniths from 50's and 60's. many have some sort of vernier on the tuning knob that fine tunes at about 2 to 1. although again they aren't really pocket type unless you use the pant pockets found on some newer styles of pants. my guess they aren't cheap though. i have one from that era this is a small portable with that type of tuning and is very nice, good sound and AM reception, Ron

Lately I've been buying some 40 to 50 year old vintage transistor radios on eBay. Most of them are quite stylish, but they are old and have their problems (e.g., noisy controls, marginal RF performance).