Re: Strange Observation

kirk74601 <kirk74601@...>

--- In ultralightdx@..., Russ Edmunds <wb2bjh@...> wrote:

Thanks Russ, I'm heeding your advice because you obviously have a
lot more experience in this department than I ever thought of having.
I can adapt to sitting in a rather weird area of the kitchen (just on
the other side of the T-box) better than I could handle screwing up
my radios! I certainly appreciate your feedback on this! 73 to you,
Kirk-
*** What's occurring here is that the telephone wiring is serving
as an antenna. Placing a portable near it creates an inductive
coupling, much the same as if the telephone box were a longwire
antenna or a loop.

I would NOT try to connect directly because you'll potentially get
noise, unwanted voltage etc. Continuing to use it inductively is
reasonable to do however.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id
<wb2bjh@...>
AM: Modified Sony ICF 2010 barefoot; Sony SRF-59 barefoot