Re: France Inter on 162 kHz - carrier only?

Mark Roberts

Thanks, all. @Drifter - your findings are consistent with what I was getting in the southeastern Netherlands near Eindhoven, though there was electrical interference giving me trouble for Radio Luxembourg.

Radio 4 is at least a good replacement for the former World Service transmitter on 648 kHz MW. Just wanted some English-language radio while visiting the in-laws.

The French FM networks are extensive plus there are more local signals now so it's not surprising they've given up on other analog modes. I should buy a DAB radio for the next time I'm here but I've found that I can order just about anything from Amazon France and it will get to my house in California in about a week.

I may not bring the '925 along the next time I'm in Europe, I'm sorry to say. While its audio quality is good, its medium-wave tuning is difficult and FM performance is outstripped by the other radios I brought along - this time a Tecsun PL310ET and a Sangean DT-800 European version.

On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 9:31 AM FenDrifter via groups.io <essexmarshman=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Mark
i'm in Cambridgeshire UK and just fired up my 925 Sports (analogue dial version) and on a quick scan all I'm getting are Radio 4, Radio
Luxembourg and RTE Ireland. I'd be happy to look more closely for anything else if you require.

Drifter