Very long-distance MW, 4 400 miles

Andre

Hi all, I'd really like to share this clip, I would love some expert comments. I am new to MW DXing (an old-timer on SW though), but I think this might be a really distant catch. We have a local station on 702 kHz here in Johannesburg, but they inexplicably went off air today. So on their frequency tonight I heard Arabic, and the only likely candidate seems to be a station in Algeria. Is that possible? Can MW travel that far? It is 4 400 miles from where I am to Algeria. I used the XHDATA D808. MW from Algeria?