Re: My furthest ultralight DX

keith beesley

Nice catch, Andre, and welcome to the group. I think there is higher than normal sunspot activity going on right now.

Keith Beesley
Seattle WA USA

On Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 06:24:34 PM PDT, Andre <strydenburg@...> wrote:

I'm new here, hi everyone. This is my first post.

My furthest was just a few days ago, Adventist World Radio in Indonesian from Agat, Guam, 15500 kHz, during the day, around 13:00. I am in Johannesburg, South Africa, so that's more than 13000km, about 8000 miles.

I compared three different radios, the Eton Elite Traveler, Retekess V115 and Tecsun R808, you can't go more ultralight than that little Tecsun! All three barefoot. The little Tecsun really surprised me.

You can listen and see here:
https://youtu.be/88BpHqWryi8

I think conditions for long-distance listening are good now, all three my little receivers are very busy every day!

Andre