Re: AM 990 CBW?

Peter Laws

On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 10:30 PM James Rohrer <Jim.rohrer1955@...> wrote:

This evening I was able to get a CBN program loud and clear. It was the Tom Power show at about 9-10 PM CDT. Most likely that was from CBW in Winnipeg, 727 miles north of me. But CBY in NL is at the same frequency. 2131 miles. Signal faded before I could hear the call sign. darn. Almost got it but this is not a definite log entry.
Do CBC stations *ever* say their call letters?

I know it's hard for some to understand, but Canadian stations are not
required to follow FCC rules. :) In fact, I'm not sure whether or
not Canadian broadcasters are required to ever say their call letters.
Call letters used to be a station's branding but that hasn't been true
in Canada for some time.