Re: ULDXIndex and MWDXerDB V22.03

Gary DeBock

On Thu, Mar 10, 2022 at 07:24 PM, James Rohrer wrote:
Do you expect the ULI scores to be lower during the spring and summer?

I think it's time for a reality check here.

Long range DX is very dependent on seasonal changes, especially transoceanic DX on medium wave. For example, here in the USA I can routinely receive transoceanic DX from Asia in the fall, and from Australia in the spring and summer.

What Paul is doing is receiving the same eastern Australian stations over and over, which can be routinely received by anyone with a radio at night in his location. Everyone is free to choose the style of DXing they prefer, of course, but if you are interested in long range and/ or transoceanic DX on medium wave, you will need to learn the seasonal propagation changes in order to have much chance of success.

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)