Re: One Radio To Rule Them All

John Bishop

Drifter ...

I've been thinking about your comment "
when you’ve found what you’re looking for, you don’t know what it is". Back in the '50s with the 1 tube regen, I'd listen patiently till I heard a call sign or a comment that would give me a hint as to what I was listening (often the programming was a good listen).  Today, with a simple receiver like that, I'd loosely couple a freq meter to the circuit to get at least an approximate freq fix.

... John

On 2/24/2022 11:03 AM, FenDrifter via groups.io wrote:

Hi Jock
I love your reference to exploring the unknown, the trouble is, when you’ve found what you’re looking for, you don’t know what it is! I have an old Panasonic RF-B11 which pulls in stations like crazy on medium wave, but because I don’t know their precise frequency I can’t find what they are, I’m sure this probably rings a lot of bells with some members.

Drifter