Re: Vendor of FSLs?

Gary DeBock

On Thu, Feb 17, 2022 at 12:00 AM, Zacharias Liangas wrote:
Hello Gary
have you  even compared your antenna with the AN 200  in terms of signal enhancement?
older times I also used my basketena https://sites.google.com/site/zliangas/mw-basket-antenna  which added around 15 more db than the commercial loop and thinking later as far as i can have interest to extend that to the LW band by tripling the wire length
Hello Zacharias,

I don't have a Tecsun AN-200, but I do have a Terk Advantage loop, which is considered by most DXers to be superior to the AN-200. All of the Baby FSL models here outperform the Terk Advantage when chasing weak DX stations, primarily because of lower noise in the signal-to-noise ratio.

Any DXer with even basic homebrewing skills can build an air core loop which will run circles around the AN-200. Before FSL's were introduced (by the U.K.'s Graham Maynard in 2011) I concentrated on these type of loops, and published a major article on how to build them (from 18 inches side length up to 9.1 foot side length).
https://dreamcrafts.box.com/s/28nwynjluvrtr00nwzkr27x4ek9ha7w5

Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)