Re: Daytime DX, experience in South Brazil

John H. Bryant <bjohnorcas@...>

Very nice loggings for daytime, Huelbe!

AND FELLAS, TAKE A LOOK AT THAT ANTENNA ON THE LINK!!!  Now that is my kinda ferrite booster bar!!!

John B.

At 10:17 PM 6/15/2008 -0300, you wrote:

Hello groups,

This saturday, between 12:02-12:30 PM local time, I was at beach (29 41S, 49
58W) with a SRF-59. It was possible to hear AM stations from Rio de Janeiro,
627 miles / 1010 kilometers northeast from my position. Stations heard were:

860KHz, 100KW, Radio CBN Rio SIO 232
940KHz, 100KW, Radio Super Brasil Rio, SIO 232
1220KHz, 150KW, Radio Globo Rio SIO 444
1280KHz, 100KW, Radio Tupi Rio SIO 343

The path was completely over the ocean.

Using an external ferrite antenna (like this one:
http://paginas.terra.com.br/arte/sarmentocampos/LoopFerriteRGP3.htm ), the
signals were almost local :)

Regards,

Huelbe