Re: Most used ULTRAlight Radio

Paul Blundell

You have made a really good point Jay. I love reading your reviews and find them helpful.

The radio market and the radio spectrum in all parts of the world is very different. I have a 5kw station on 1008kHz about 7km LOS from me, if I go even a couple of km closer, it knocks out stations on both sides on my AR-1733, but my TEAC PR130 does not suffer as badly. Somebody with a 50KW station close by, might have a different experience...

Different radios, in different locations, produce different results.

On Wed, Feb 2, 2022 at 12:28 AM radiojayallen <radiojayallen@...> wrote:
Just be careful not to fall into the trap of trying to choose any one radio as the best or most popular. No radio is perfect...they each have strengths and weaknesses. The key is to find which one most suits your personal preferences and modes of use. I consider radios to be like tools in a tool box...you don't want a wrench when you need a screwdriver. As a long time collector/reviewer I have way too many radios but would be hard pressed to pick one as my favorite.

FWIW.

Jay