Re: DXing while away? Unattended Recording

kevin asato

The old Sony ICF-2010 would have fit this description as it has a cassette recorder output. Not sure if it included an output for motor control to turn the tape recording on and off at designated times which would narrow down your search window (an tape preservation as you were limited to about 2 hours of tape) to more optimal listening times. Recording in general allows for repeated listening of certain parts of interest as well as a "brag tape" and evidence of capturing something rare or of interest. Now with digital techniques, you can capture the audio off line to a mechanical or solid state drive of more than adequate capacity.
73,
kevin
kc6pob

On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 5:56 AM Johnny via groups.io <jlochey=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all,

Does anyone "sit" on a difficult frequency and record it for a time (while away/overnight, etc) and then go back and listen for any "DX" within that recording?

Or do you prefer to "hear it live" ?  I'm curious as I have never recorded a frequency and then went back to listen to it.

I'm specifically thinking about the difficult frequencies on my AM dial where reception is very hard to pick out/discern.

I would think that this would make DX'ing easier and certainly up your "total frequencies heard", but I'm not sure if it would be for me or not.

Was wondering if others liked this technique?

Johnny