DXing while away? Unattended Recording

Johnny

Hi all,

Does anyone "sit" on a difficult frequency and record it for a time (while away/overnight, etc) and then go back and listen for any "DX" within that recording?

Or do you prefer to "hear it live" ?  I'm curious as I have never recorded a frequency and then went back to listen to it.

I'm specifically thinking about the difficult frequencies on my AM dial where reception is very hard to pick out/discern.

I would think that this would make DX'ing easier and certainly up your "total frequencies heard", but I'm not sure if it would be for me or not.

Was wondering if others liked this technique?

Johnny