Re: Alpha Numeric confusion!

Peter Laws

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 4:28 AM FenDrifter via groups.io
<essexmarshman@...> wrote:

Hi all
As a complete novice to this game, I’ve got to admit to utter confusion about loggings I’ve seen on here. What do they all refer to? If a logging was for instance Radio Romania International etc etc I’d understand it, but when, again for instance, it’s 2BBK (I made that up) it makes no sense to me. Is there a simple explanation please?
Do you mean radio station call letters? On the MF and VHF broadcast
bands these are still A Thing in the USA, but they seem to have passed
into history elsewhere. Canada still uses them as does Mexico, but
the broadcasters only use them to the extent that they are legally
required to. I think Australia still uses them, too, though with
(IIRC) the "VL" stripped from the front.

Or did you mean some other code?