Should this be soldered?

FenDrifter

Hi all
Can any expert in the group confirm that the indicated terminal/post in the below piccie should have been soldered please? This little cheapie (originally Kaide KK9) was/is eating through batteries at a fair old lick, so I took it apart and had a cursory look at things, and this was all I could see, not that that means much 😊. I have no radio repair knowledge at all so please be gentle with me. I was about to solder this but thought I’d ask first. I’m not by the way suggesting this could be the cause of the original problem.

Drifter