Re: Identifying obscure languages?

kevin asato

No, i kinda ducked the language question itself, but it is another way of trying to determine stations ID and possibly the language as well. Here in Los Angeles, it is possible to hear Chinese (both main dialects), Korean, Vietnamese, and Farsi in addition to English and Spanish on the AM band. The Farsi one (KIRN, 670KHz) threw me and i figured it out after looking it up on the web.
73,
kevin
kc6pob

On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 1:29 AM FenDrifter via groups.io <essexmarshman=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Kevin
Appreciate the reply. I think I understand what you’re saying here, and the point you make about 9 and 10 kHz spacing was certainly something I didn’t think of. It looks as though I was looking at the problem from the wrong perspective language, rather than dial position.

Thanks again
Drifter